** Disclaimer: iDC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify its products and services.
iDC Training Curriculum
- Each year, iDC provides career planning training for 3 terms, i.e. Summer, Fall, and Winter. In each term, enrolled students will be assigned to one class with a maximum of 50 students.
- Training will be conducted in multiple phases, including online career planning, 2-day face- to-face career boot camp, follow-up Q&A, and customized consultation & assessment.
- iDC will help all students identify the career goals and career paths that fit well with their interests, strengths, and backgrounds. iDC will provide annual support to students with respect to their job applications, networking practices, and career advancement.
- iDC will evaluate students’ training performances at 3 levels, i.e. A – Exceeds Expectations, B – Meets Expectation, and C-Below Expectations. “A” students may get referral job opportunities.
iDC Summer Curriculum （08/2018 – 11/2018）
HR & Mentor Roadshow at University of Toronto
Introduce career planning methodology and practical tools to help students explore their career interests, passions, and strengths
|Module 2 2：Industry Know-How
Understand North American financial services industry trends, organizational structure, and career paths
|Module 3：Job Applications
Define a career goal and career path that fit with your passions, experience, and skills
Create a good resume and cover letter that will get you interview opportunities
|Module 4： Interviewing Skills
Diagnose interview questions for different scenarios, including general HR, technical, behavioral, telephone and panel interviews, to help you secure an offer
|Module 5: Networking Skills
Introduce effective networking skills to tackle hidden employment opportunities and build industry connections
|Module 6: Career Advancement
Prepare for an effective onboarding, including the first day, the first month and the first 3 months
Introduce useful techniques for the early career stage, e.g. business email writing, performance appraisal and promotion etc.
- 1 day – HR panel
- 1 day – Industry mentors discuss major career paths
(Capital Markets, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Compliance, Business Analytics, IT & Operations)
End of day networking sessions
- Students prepare their resume, cover letter, interview answers, and industry research to be reviewed by iDC
- Introduce networking opportunity and provide advice and consultations